100% Australian owned and operated
A washer is a thin plate with a hole that is normally used to distribute the load of a threaded fastener, such as a bolt or nut, a barrier between two moving parts, or an insulator. Other uses are as a spacer, spring, wear pad, pre-load indicating device, locking device, and to reduce vibration. Here at Solutions in Plastic, our most common washer is a nylon washer. We also thrive on the challenge to produce plastic washers to your unique specifications, not just your humble nylon washer.
Although washers are most commonly produced using nylon, we will provide expert advice to ensure that the most suitable material is utilised for your specific needs. Simply, provide us with the required outside and inside diameters, along with the necessary thickness and application of the part. We will then ensure each washer is machined to meet your specific needs.
Our washers can be made using materials suitable for application in:
- Electrically charged conditions
- High temperature conditions, and
- UV exposed environments
- Can isolate or insulate other materials where corrosion or movement might be a problem
- Can distribute the load of a threaded fastener
- Can be made to your unique specifications for your individual needs
- Wear Pad
- Pre-loaded indicating device
- Locking device
- Oil & gas